File a Complaint

Complaints Our Agency Can Process

The following are topics the Department of Health can process as complaints. If the issue you'd like to make a complaint about is not on this list, contact us. You can also contact our programs and services.

Civil Rights

Employee at the Washington State Department of Health

Health Care Provider - This doesn't include medical doctors and nursing professionals. 

Health Care Facility

Hotels, Motels, and Other Temporary Accommodations

Motor Carrier Restroom Access

Private Detention Facility

Temporary Worker and Migrant Farmworker Housing

Truck Driver Restroom and Lactation Access at Ports

Women, Infants, and Children Program (WIC)

Types of Complaints We Don't Process

The following list are topics that the Department of Health does not process as complaints. We offer these resources to help you contact the correct agency. For a list of licenses and who administers them, see Professional Licenses

Adult and Assisted Living Facility / Nursing Home - DSHS

Apartment / Rental Unit / Landlord-Tenant Resources - Attorney General’s Office

Business Complaints - Attorney General’s Office

Child Daycare / Early Learning Center - DCYF

Food Poisoning / Restaurant Food Safety - Local Health Department

Grocery Stores - Local Health Department

Jail (city and county operated) - Local Health Department

Madigan Army Medical Center

Naval Hospital Bremerton

Swimming Pool - Local Health Department

Veterans Affairs Hospitals