Immunizations at 5 Years

Schedule Health and Dental Checkups

Your child should see the doctor once a year. Talk with your doctor about any concerns you have about your child starting school. Talk about any illnesses or injuries this past year. Visit the dentist twice a year. Ask if your child needs sealants, fluoride varnish, tablets, or drops.

Immunizations for Kindergarten

When you enroll your child in school, you will need a Certificate of Immunization Status that shows the immunizations received by your child. Your doctor, clinic, or school staff can be able to print this information for you. To meet vaccine requirements for school entry in Washington State, your child needs:

Since not all vaccines are required for school, your child probably got other immunizations not on this list. Those vaccines are important, too. Keep him or her protected with booster doses and other vaccines recommended for his or her age. Being fully immunized protects your child from getting and spreading serious diseases. If you choose to exempt your child from vaccines, he or she may need to stay home if there's an outbreak.

If your child is not fully immunized, or you have questions about vaccines, talk to your doctor, nurse, or clinic.

For more information, call your local health department or visit School and Child Care Immunization.