The Complaint and Disciplinary Process

File a Complaint About a Provider or Facility

The Department of Health (DOH) regulates health care providers and certain health care facilities (nursing pools, hospitals, ambulatory surgical facilities, child birth centers, home health agencies, behavioral health agencies, and behavioral health treatment facilities).

We accept complaints about providers and facilities that DOH credentials, as well as complaints about providers practicing without a license. When filing a complaint, provide the full name of the individual provider or facility and what specific allegations you're reporting. You may verify a provider's credential status on our website. If the complaint is about a facility, provide the facility address for us to determine whether or not they're credentialed by us.

Please note that we don't credential the following types of facilities, nor are we able to process complaints related to COVID-19 concerns in them:

  • DSHS (Nursing homes, assisted living facilities, and adult family homes)
  • Schools
  • Clinics or doctor offices

Additional Complaint Information

Contact and connect

Contact us | Email customer service | Phone: 360-236-4700 | Submit public disclosure request (lists and labels)

To receive important information about hearing and speech professions by email, join our Listserv.