File a Complaint About a Provider or Facility
The Department of Health (DOH) regulates health care providers and certain health care facilities (hospitals, ambulatory surgical facilities, child birth centers, home health agencies, behavioral health agencies, and behavioral health treatment facilities).
We accept complaints about providers and facilities that DOH credentials, as well as complaints about providers practicing without a license. When filing a complaint, provide the full name of the individual provider or facility and what specific allegations you're reporting. You may verify a provider's credential status on our website. If the complaint is about a facility, provide the facility address for us to determine whether or not they're credentialed by us.
Please note that we don't credential the following types of facilities, nor are we able to process complaints related to COVID-19 concerns in them:
- DSHS (Nursing homes, assisted living facilities, and adult family homes)
- Clinics or doctor offices
- Complaint forms
- Health professional complaint information
- Health facility complaint information
- Excluding: Adult Family Homes, Assisted Living Facilities, Nursing Homes/Skilled Nursing Facilities, Supported Living, Intermediate Care Facilities for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities (ICF/IID, including Rainier School, Fircrest, and Lakeland Village), and Enhanced Services Facilities, which should be reported to 1-800-562-6078.
- Hotels/motels complaint information
- Nursing profession complaint information
- Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Nursing Technician
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Physician and physician assistant complaint information
- Medical Doctor (MD)
- Physician Assistant (PA)
- Medical cannabis consultant complaint form (fillable word document) or medical cannabis consultant complaint form (PDF)
- Other medical professional or facilities questions call (local): 360-236-4700 or email us
Additional Complaint Information
- Medicare beneficiary complaints about the quality or necessity of the care from a healthcare provider or facility.
- Food establishments and food handling practices, contact your local health department/district.
- Violations of state labor laws, contact the Department of Labor and Industries.
- Consumer complaint information, contact the Attorney General's Office.
- COVID-19 - All public questions related to COVID-19 should be directed to the department's COVID-19 website or by calling 1-800-525-0127. Medical providers, schools, businesses and other organizations should contact their local health agency.
Contact and connect
Contact us | Email customer service | Phone: 360-236-4700 | Submit public disclosure request (lists and labels)
To receive important information about hearing and speech professions by email, join our Listserv.