Plan of Correction
What is a plan of correction (POC)?
A POC is a written report the program prepares showing how it will address the deficient standard(s) identified in law.
The Nursing Commission may request a POC if:
- The program receives a statement of deficiencies, or
- The program fails to maintain an annual pass rate of 80 percent.
How to submit a POC
Use the POC template and submit it to the Nursing Education Unit.
When filling out the POC
- State deficiency per the WAC
- Identify contributing factors
- Identify the plan of action to correct the problem
- State how the program will ensure long-term compliance
- Name the person responsible to implement the action plan
- Provide date of implementation
What to expect after submitting a POC
The Nursing Program Approval Panel (NPAP) reviews the POC. The NPAP may choose to accept or reject the plan of correction. If it rejects the POC, the NPAP will request additional clarifying information. The NPAP may also ask commission staff members to do a program site visit.