- What is acceptable continuing competency?
Continuing competency course work must contribute to the professional knowledge and development of the practitioner, or enhance services provided to patients. Refer to WAC 246-812-020
- What is the required number of continuing competency credits?
Currently, licensed denturists must complete 30 clock hours of continuing competency every two years. This will change with your next license renewal. Fifteen clock hours will be required annually. WAC 246-812-020
- Are certain continuing education courses required each year?
No specific continuing competency courses are required annually. Refer to WAC 246-812-020
- How long do I have to keep my documentation of continuing competency?
WAC 246-12-200 requires licensees to keep continuing competency records for four years.
- Are there stipulations on the type of continuing competency I can get, e.g. online versus lecture?
Refer to WAC 246-812-020
- If I volunteer, does that count as continuing competency?
Yes. Refer to WAC 246-812-020.
- May I count continuing competency hours from one year in the next year?
No. You may not carry over continuing competency in excess of the required hours earned in a reporting cycle to the next reporting cycle. Refer to WAC 246-12-230
- May I get an extension of time to complete my continuing competency?
Denturists may be excused from or granted an extension of continuing competency requirements because of illness or other extenuating circumstances. The law requires continuing competency to renew your annual license. Any requests should be made several weeks before your renewal date to prevent delays in processing your license renewal. Requests must be in writing and sent to the Board of Denturists Program Manager by email or mail:
Washington State Board of Denturists
P.O. Box 47852
Olympia, WA 98504-7852
You may not practice without an active license.
Thank you for your patience as we continue to update our new website.