The tools and resources provided on this page are designed to assist healthcare providers and long-term care facilities in infection prevention measures of Legionnaires Disease.
- Water Management Program (WMP) (CSTE webpage): An editable template to create a water management program risk management plan for Legionella and other water quality issues
- Water Flow Diagrams (PowerPoint): An editable flow diagram to map out how water flows into, throughout, and out of your healthcare facility.
- Legionella FAQs (PDF): FAQs include information on how to test and care for a patient with suspected or confirmed Legionnaire's Disease.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Legionella Standard for Healthcare
- Legionella Elite Lab (PDF)
Video Series: Legionella and Water System Management
This seven-part video series provides information on Legionella prevention in long-term care from public health, healthcare, and industry experts. The following Legionella and Water System Management videos are hosted on YouTube.
- Legionella Basics
- Creating a Team
- Flow Diagram
- Hazard and Risk Assessment
- Control Measures
- Validation and Verification
- Regulatory Basics
- EpiTrends Bulletin November 2017 Issue on Legionnaires disease
- Case Definition and Classification Information: Case Definition (PDF)
- Disease Incidence and Mortality Rate: Incidence Rate (PDF)
For Local Health Jurisdictions (LHJ's)
- LHJ Investigation Investigation Guidelines (PDF)
- Notifiable Conditions Reporting Information
- Surveillance and Reporting Guidelines for LHJs Legionellosis Guideline (PDF)
- DOH Reporting Form for Disease Investigators at LHJs Reporting Form (PDF)
- CDC Reporting forma for Disease Investigators at LHJs CDC Case Report Form (PDF)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Information