This webinar occurred on November 18, 2021, and continuing education expires on February 18, 2022
- Register to watch the recording
- Recording transcript (PDF)
- Presentation slides (PDF)
- Evaluation and post-test
About the webinar
The webinar covered the following topics:
- Describe current data of vaccine side effects and adverse events
- Describe the various vaccine safety monitoring systems used to monitor for adverse events related to COVID-19 vaccination, including a review of the VAERS system and VAERS Reporting
- Describe strategies for responding to patient and family questions and concerns related to COVID-19 vaccine safety.
- Information on COVID-19 Vaccine communication and health promotion resources
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Discuss current data on COVID-19 vaccine side effects and adverse events.
- Discuss and use various vaccine safety monitoring systems used to monitor for adverse events related to COVID-19 vaccination including VAERS system and VAERS reporting
- Use and share COVID-19 communication and health promotion resources
This learning activity is designed for healthcare practitioners, local health jurisdictions, and school and childcare nurses.
Emma Larson, MD, Resident, PGY-3
UW Dept of Pediatrics
Seattle Children's Hospital
- Continuing education (CE) credit is available for nurses, medical assistants, and pharmacists for attending the live webinar or watching the recording.
- Even if you attend the live webinar or watch the recording as a group, everyone MUST register for the webinar and complete the evaluation as an individual prior to receiving CE credit.
- CE expires 2/18/22.
- After attending the live webinar or watching the recording, an evaluation will appear and a link to the evaluation will also be sent to you in an email.
- If you want CE credit, complete the evaluation and mark Yes that you want CE credit. Please specify the type of CE certificate you wish to obtain. After the live webinar, we will issue certificates to everyone who requested CE.
Continuing Nursing Education
1.0 continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Montana Nurses Association, an accredited approver with distinction by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Continuing Education for Medical Assistants
1.0 administrative continuing education unit was approved by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA). Granting approval in no way constitutes endorsement by the AAMA of the program content or the program's sponsor.
Continuing Education for Pharmacists
1.0 credit hour of continuing education for pharmacists was approved by the Washington State Pharmacy Quality Assurance Commission (PQAC).
This learning activity is not funded by any commercial entity.