Data and Statistics
Updated April 6, 2022
The following statistics are reported by the medical marijuana database administrator and the agency's credentialing office.
Total Number of Recognition Cards Created from the Database
Total Cards Created: 104,328
- Annual totals include all cards generated from the Medical Marijuana Authorization System (database) regardless of card type (adult patient, minor patient and designated provider) and reason (initial, renewal, replacement).
- The total number of cards created are not representative of unique patient registration status or the total number of patients registered.
- The database went live July 1, 2016.
Medical Marijuana Certified Consultants with Active Credential
Total applications received to date: 2,392
- Certified consultants with an active credential: 529
- Total certified consultants working in a medically-endorsed store: 534
Licensed Marijuana Retail Stores with Medical Endorsement
Total number of medically-endorsed stores: 287 out of 479** licensed (60 percent)
- * Active stores: 147
- Inactive stores: 140
* An active store is defined as a medically-endorsed retail store that has a certified medical marijuana consultant registered in the database and has issued a recognition card based on card creation data.
** The number of active licensed retailers does not include retail title certificates.