Emergency Telephone Numbers

Report Suspicious Packages or Substances

If you are a member of the general public, call your local law enforcement agency at 911.

If you are a first responder or healthcare provider - contact your local health department.

Report illnesses or Dead Animals

If you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.

To report a notifiable medical condition, or a suspected communicable disease in a dead animal, call your local health department. Find the website with their 24/7 contact number here.

Accidental Poisoning

Call 1-800-222-1222 to reach the Washington Poison Center or any poison center across the nation.

Drinking Water Emergencies

Call your water utility or Office of Drinking Water regional office for your county.

Radiation Emergencies

Call 206-NUCLEAR (206-682-5327) to reach the Radiation Protection Program Hotline (available 24/7).

Sewage Spills Emergencies

If you have a small on-site sewage system, contact your local health department.

If you have a large on-site sewage system (LOSS), contact 360-236-3330 or wastewatermgmt@doh.wa.gov.

Communicable Disease Support for Local Jurisdictions

If you are a local health jurisdiction in need of support during cases or outbreaks of communicable disease, call 1-877-539-4344 (available 24/7) or 1-206-418-5500 (available 24/7).

During Public Health Emergencies

Public Health Emergency Information Line – Washington State Department of Health
1-800-556-8744 – (recorded information)
TTY users dial 711 for the Washington Relay service