Department of Health Benefits
Want to make a difference in people's lives every day? At the Washington State Department of Health (DOH), our mission is to protect and improve the health of all people in Washington state by focusing on our cornerstone values of equity, innovation, and engagement.
We work to prevent illness and injury and promote wellness. We assist people in making healthy choices for their families through community partnerships, data modernization, emergency response, and resiliency preparedness. We are looking for passionate people who will bring humility and understanding to the campaign for a strong, healthy, and resilient Washington.
We are dedicated to your work-life harmony and offer one of the most competitive benefits packages in the nation, designed to support your lifestyle.
Health and Wellness
Our priority is to keep you healthy.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- World-class workplace behavioral health and well-being programs, including our Employee Assistance Program
- Health savings and flexible spending accounts
We offer benefits and compensation to give you financial peace of mind.
- Clearly stated salary and pay increases
- Retirement options that are designed to meet your needs
- Access to the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
Work Where You Feel Most Productive
Many of our employees choose where and when they work.
- Remote work options and flexible schedules for many positions
- A modern work environment, including collaborative office spaces with state-of-the-art gear
- Infant at Work Program, which allows eligible employees to bring their baby to work
We understand you need time to recharge or get well.
- 14 to 25 days of annual leave
- 11 paid holidays
- 96 hours of sick leave per year
DOH Culture and Personal Development
Find ample opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- A leadership team committed to transparency and accessibility
- An agency-wide responsibility to equity, diversity, and inclusion with training to help employees learn and apply these values in the workplace
- Employee resource groups that provide opportunities to learn and grow
- A Transformational Plan to reenergize our commitment to health for all
You may be eligible for certain benefits, depending on your position, location, and union representation.
- 5% premium pay for positions that require onsite work at our Shoreline duty station in King County
- 5% premium pay for homebased positions for those employees residing in King County
- 5% premium pay for positions that require dual language duties
- 5% differential pay for IT supervisory positions (does not include positions classified as IT Managers or IT Senior Managers)
- Free ORCA card for positions located in King, Snohomish, or Pierce Counties for public transportation
- Paid days off and/or reimbursement for professional development and continuing education classes, professional licenses, and membership opportunities
- Lump-sum and/or accelerated leave accruals
- Lump-sum relocation reimbursement
- Eco-friendly commuting options