The Washington Department of Health (DOH) hosted a webinar on Tuesday, October 24, 2022 from Noon to 1 p.m. Topics included COVID-19 vaccine updates and RSV vaccine recommendations for older adults, pregnant persons, and nirsevimab for infants.
- Describe updated COVID-19 vaccine recommendations
- Discuss RSV vaccine recommendations for older adults and pregnant persons
- Explain recommendations for the use of nirsevimab in infants
- Identify relevant resources
Health care providers, pharmacists and pharmacy techs, local public health, and anyone interested in learning more about this topic.
- Heidi Kelly, RN-BC, MS, Washington Department of Health
- Francis Bell, MD, Swedish Pediatric Infectious Diseases
- CE Expires January 24, 2024
- There is no charge for continuing education credit.
- Continuing education (CE) is available for nurses and medical assistants for attending the live webinar OR watching the recording.
- Even if you attend the live webinar or watch the recording as a group, everyone MUST register for the webinar and complete the evaluation as an individual prior to receiving CE.
- How to receive CE credit:
- Attend the live webinar and complete the evaluation. We will email certificates a few weeks after the live webinar.
- Watch the webinar recording and complete the evaluation. We will email certificates a few weeks after January 24, 2024.
Continuing Nursing Education
Continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Montana Nurses Association. MNA is accredited with distinction as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. 1.0 contact hours will be awarded for successful completion of this activity.
Continuing Education for Medical Assistants
1.0 administrative continuing education unit was approved by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA). Granting approval in no way constitutes endorsement by the AAMA of the program content or the program’s sponsor.
This learning activity is not funded by any commercial entity.