The mandate of the Athletic Training Advisory Committee is to protect the public's health and safety and to promote the welfare of the state by regulating the competency and quality of professional health care providers under its jurisdiction. The board accomplishes this through a variety of activities working with the Department of Health, Health Systems Quality Assurance division.
- Committee Information
Four members of the committee must be athletic trainers licensed and residing in this state, must have not less than 5 years’ experience in the practice of athletic training, and must be actively engaged in practice within two years of appointment. The fifth member must be appointed from the public at large, and have an interest in the rights of consumers of health services.
The committee may, at the request of the secretary:
- Provide advice on matters, such as applications for licenses.
- Approve an examination required for licensure.
- Recommend rules relating to standards for appropriateness of athletic training care.
Reimbursement and compensation:
- Reasonable allowances will be provided to cover reasonable and necessary subsistence and lodging expenses while engaged on official business.
- Transportation expenses will be reimbursed or paid based on the method deemed most advantageous or economical to the state.
- Members are eligible to receive compensation in an amount not to exceed fifty dollars for each day during which the member attends an official meeting of the group or performs statutorily prescribed duties approved by the chairperson of the group.
The committee meets about three times a year. Historically, meetings have been scheduled in April, July, and December during business hours.
If you are interested in applying for an appointment to the Athletic Training Advisory Committee, see our website. Select the "Application – Secretary Appointed." Note on the application that you are applying for the Athletic Training Advisory Committee.
- Committee Members
Name and term expiration date of members
Member Term Expires Chandra Lovejoy, athletic trainer June 30, 2027 Craig Bennett, athletic trainer June 30, 2027 Denton Norwood, athletic trainer, chairperson September 15, 2024 Kasandra Hildenbrand, athletic trainer June 30, 2027 Vacant, public
- Committee Meetings
All meetings are subject to change and start at 9 a.m. unless otherwise noted.
Date and Location Activity Documents September 26, 2023, at 11 a.m.
Register in advance using the following link to attend the hearing virtually.
After registering, you'll receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the hearing.
Rules hearing CR-102 (PDF)
October 30 2023, at 1:30 p.m.
This rules workshop is being held virtually:
Join on your computer, mobile app or room device.
Or call in (audio only)
+1 564-999-2000,,578963589# United States, Olympia
(833) 322-1218,,578963589# United States (Toll-free)
Phone Conference ID: 578 963 589#
Rules workshop AT Draft Rules Language (PDF)
December 18, 2023 at 9 a.m.
Regular meeting September 26, 2023
- Meeting Minutes