The medical assistant program has officially filed a CR-101 with the Office of the Code Reviser on October 3, 2023. The WSR# is 23-20-118 (PDF).
The Department of Health is considering rule amendments to several sections of medical assistant rules to update credentialing requirements and ensure that the rules are current and align with best practices. The department will also consider adding a new section to address medication administration requirements for the medical assistant-registered credential.
In response to the filing, the Department will conduct an open public rules workshop on Tuesday, December 5, 2023, beginning at 10 a.m. via Microsoft Teams. We will accept public comments on the following rule sections:
- WAC 246-827-0010 Definitions
- WAC 246-827-0200 Medical assistant-certified – Training and examination
- WAC 246-827-0240 Medical assistant-certified – Administering medications and injections.
- WAC 246-827-0400 Medical assistant-registered – Administering medications, vaccines and injections.
This meeting will be open to the public.
Interested parties, stakeholders, and the general public are invited to participate in the rules workshops or provide comments on draft rules.
Proposed rules hearing
- No rules hearings are scheduled at this time.