Who is Eligible for the Program?
To qualify for breast, cervical, or colon cancer screening services, a client must meet all of the following criteria:
- Uninsured or underinsured and not eligible for Apple Health.*
- Women between 40 and 64 years.*
- Men between 50 and 64 years.*
- Low-income (below 250 percent of the Federal Poverty Level). Check the income eligibility table (PDF) for specific income information.
*Limited openings are available for:
- Women between 35 and 39 years old with breast symptoms.
- Women and men under 50 may enroll in the program if they have a family history of a first degree relative (parent, sibling, or child) who was diagnosed before the age of 60 with either colon cancer or pre-cancerous polyps.
The program is open to anyone meeting all the criteria listed above. Particular emphasis is placed on reaching high-risk populations, including:
- Ages 50 and older.
- Native Americans.
- African Americans.
- Asian/Pacific Islanders.
Who is Eligible for the Program Through Susan G. Komen®?
In addition to meeting the criteria listed above, Susan G. Komen funds are available to screen women who also meet the following criteria:
- Women between 18 and 34 years who:
- Have breast symptoms.
- Are below 300 percent of the Federal Poverty Level.
- Women between 35 and 64 years who are:
- Between 251 percent and 300 percent of the Federal Poverty Level. Check the income eligibility table (PDF) for specific income information.