About the Webinar
The Washington Department of Health (DOH) hosted a webinar on Thursday, October 5, 2023, from noon – 1:00 p.m. Topics included epidemiological updates, flu vaccine inventory and ordering, vaccine recommendations, and communication and health promotion strategies.
- Describe influenza epidemiological data.
- Describe vaccine inventory and ordering.
- Discuss updated influenza vaccine recommendations.
- Identify communication and health promotion strategies.
Healthcare providers, pharmacists and pharmacy techs, local public health, and anyone interested in learning more about this topic.
Washington State Department of Health staff:
- Anna Unutzer, Influenza Epidemiologist
- Jacki Stockdale, Operations and Response Coordinator
- Trang Kuss, Immunization Nurse Consultant
- Samantha Seaman, Health Educator
- Robert Rankin, Health Educator
CE expires January 5, 2024.
- There is no charge for continuing education credit.
- Continuing education (CE) is available for nurses, medical assistants, pharmacists, and pharmacy technicians for attending the live webinar or watching the recording.
- How to receive CE credit:
Continuing Nursing Education
Continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Montana Nurses Association. MNA is accredited with distinction as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. 1.0 contact hours will be awarded for successful completion of this activity.
Continuing Education for Medical Assistants
1.0 administrative continuing education unit was approved by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA). Granting approval in no way constitutes endorsement by the AAMA of the program content or the program’s sponsor.
Continuing Education for Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians
This knowledge-based activity was approved by the Washington State Pharmacy Association for 1.0 contact hours.
The Washington State Pharmacy Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a Provider of continuing pharmacy education.
This learning activity is not funded by any commercial entity.