Hiring an Indoor Air Investigator or Contractor

Identifying an Unknown Indoor Air Quality Problem

Guidelines for Selecting an Indoor Air Quality Consultant, AIHA (PDF) provides tips on which types of professionals can help with your problem and how to find the best consultant for your needs.

Find an indoor air quality professional:

Protect Yourself

Make sure the contractor you hire is licensed, bonded, and insured. Check to see if the contractor has any recent infractions. Search contractors, lookup violators, and get a homeowners guide at L&I's Hiring a Contractor.

Hiring a Water Damage or Mold Remediation Professional

There are no specific certification requirements for performing mold/water damage restoration in Washington State. Anyone can call themselves a "mold remediation specialist" without having any specialized training or credentials. However, there are organizations, such as the IICRC, that offer training and certification for businesses.

Find a water damage or mold remediation professional:

Content Source: Indoor Air Quality Program