Identifying an Unknown Indoor Air Quality Problem
Guidelines for Selecting an Indoor Air Quality Consultant, AIHA (PDF) provides tips on which types of professionals can help with your problem and how to find the best consultant for your needs.
Find an indoor air quality professional:
- Search for a Consultant by Specialty, AIHA
- Find an Indoor Air Quality Professional, IAQA
- Phone Book – Search yellow pages or online for Indoor Air Quality Consulting, Environmental Consulting, or Industrial Hygiene
Make sure the contractor you hire is licensed, bonded, and insured. Check to see if the contractor has any recent infractions. Search contractors, lookup violators, and get a homeowners guide at L&I's Hiring a Contractor.
Hiring a Water Damage or Mold Remediation Professional
There are no specific certification requirements for performing mold/water damage restoration in Washington State. Anyone can call themselves a "mold remediation specialist" without having any specialized training or credentials. However, there are organizations, such as the IICRC, that offer training and certification for businesses.
Find a water damage or mold remediation professional:
- Locate a Certified Professional, IICRC
- Tips for Hiring a Contractor After a Natural Disaster
- Phone Book – Search yellow pages or online for Mold Removal or Water Damage Restoration
Content Source: Indoor Air Quality Program