The meals below meet the Healthy Nutrition Guidelines. Prepare recipes with less sodium, and choose pre-made products with no or low sodium content.
- Low-fat breakfast burrito bar: Whole wheat flour or corn tortillas (low-fat), scrambled eggs, sautéed onions and peppers, fresh tomatoes, homemade salsa. Serve with fresh fruit tray.
- Oatmeal bar: Oatmeal with cinnamon, skim milk, raisins, almonds. Serve with assorted seasonal fruits.
- Frittata: Mushroom and spinach frittata. Serve with whole grain English muffin with jam and unsalted butter or trans-fat free margarine on the side, fresh cantaloupe wedge with purple grapes.
- Fresh fruit skewers or tray with low-fat yogurt dip.
- Raw vegetables with hummus dip and low-fat ranch.
- Individually packaged servings of baby carrots.
- Light popcorn and unsalted nuts (include soy nuts).
- Low-fat granola bars and fresh fruit.
- Whole grain English muffins with peanut butter, low-fat cream cheese, or hummus. Serve with whole fresh fruit or vegetables.
- Unsalted almonds with dried cranberries or craisins.
- Fresh pear slices with mozzarella and Swiss cheese slices.
- Trail mix made of dried fruit, roasted unsalted nuts, and seeds.
- Parfait made with low-fat granola, low-fat yogurt, and fruit slices.
- Quick bread (banana, pumpkin) in small slices. Serve with fruit spread, margarine (no trans fats), hard-boiled egg, or whole fresh fruit.
- Fruit for dessert.
Are you interested in healthy lunch and dinner examples?