Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need to obtain a dental laboratory registration if I am a denturist?
No. Licensed denturists are exempt under RCW 70.352.900.
- I have a dental laboratory in my office that only provides products for my patients. Do I need a registration?
If your dental laboratory only provides services for your office, and not for outside dental offices, you do not need a registration under RCW 70.352.020.
- I have a dental laboratory in my office, which provides products for other dental offices. Do I need a registration?
If your office provides services for outside dental offices, you need a registration under RCW 70.352.020.
- What information must be included with work orders?
Work orders must include dental laboratory registration number and facility contact information, material content disclosure, and point of origin of the manufacture information under RCW 70.352.030.
- How early can I renew my dental laboratories registration?
You may renew your registration no earlier than 90 days prior to July 31st.
- How much does it cost to renew my dental laboratory registration?
The renewal fee for dental laboratories is $250.
- How long do I need to keep my application and renewal documentation?
Four years (WAC 246-12-200).
- When does a dental laboratories registration need to be renewed?
Dental laboratory registrations must be renewed every year, no later than July 31.