Report a Pesticide Illness
Pesticide-related illness is required to be reported in Washington (WAC 246-101-101). Report pesticide-related hospitalizations, death, or cluster cases immediately. Report all other suspected or confirmed pesticide-related illness within 3 days.
Washington Poison Center: 1-800-222-1222, or
Department of Health, Pesticide Program: 1-877-485-7316 (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
For general information on health risks from exposure, see Pesticides.
Clinical Management of Pesticide-Related Illnesses
Consultation on Pesticide Toxicity or Other Technical Questions
- Washington Poison Center: 1-800-222-1222
- Recognition and Management of Pesticide Poisonings, EPA
- National Pesticide Information Center: 1-800-858-7378
- National Pesticide Medical Monitoring Program - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pediatric Environmental Health Specialty Unit, UW: 1-877-543-2436
Labs for Pesticide Analysis in Blood and Urine
- Public Health Lab in Seattle - Blood cholinesterase activity only.
- National Pesticide Medical Monitoring Program - Provides quantitative laboratory measurements of pesticides in environmental or biological samples in select cases involving human exposure to pesticides. Contact email@example.com.
Commercial labs capable of non-routine analyses for pesticides and metabolites:
- Pacific Toxicology Laboratories, CA: 1-800-328-6942
- National Medical Services, PA: 1-800-522-6671
- Cholinesterase Monitoring, Washington State Department of Labor and Industries - Medical monitoring, guidelines, and laboratory testing.
- Pesticide Exposure Links, National Library of Medicine - Data and research, treating pesticide poisoning, and PubMed research articles.
- Pesticide Information Profiles, EXTOXNET - Pesticide active ingredients and toxicity information.
Report Workplace Safety Concerns
Washington State Department of Labor and Industries: 1-800-423-7233
Report the Misuse of Pesticides
Washington State Department of Agriculture: 1-877-301-4555
|Content Source: Pesticide Program|