The International Air Transport Association (IATA) Manual
- Cost: Approx. $130.00 Plus tax & Shipping
The sites listed below are sites that offer the latest edition of the IATA Dangerous Goods Manual for purchase:
Code of Federal Regulations
These sites are where you can access the CFR online.
- Code of Federal Regulations
- The United States Postal Service - 39 CFR
- Public Health - Interstate Shipment Of Etiologic Agents - 42 CFR Part 72
- Scroll to “Title 42”
- Click on Part “1-199”
- Click on applicable subchapters such as “72” or “73”
- Transportation - 49 CFR
- Scroll to “Title 49”
- Click on Part “100”
- Click on applicable subchapters such as “173”
Dangerous Goods Regulations (IATA)
- IATA's dangerous goods regulations (DGR) page. Check the links on the righthand side for such things as DGR updates and IATA training requirements.
Online Shipping Classes
- Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for Infectious Organisms
- Canadian Public Health Agency's website with a good list of Material Safety Data Sheets on a variety of infectious organisms.
- OSHA's Regulations on Blood-Borne Pathogens
- United States Postal Service Domestic Mail Manual (DMM)
Click on the DMM link and then click on the various titles of interest. Hazardous materials is under Section 600, Mailability. For infectious substances, go to section 601.10.17.
- American Biological Safety Association's Pathogen Risk Groups
This website provides you with those all important lists of pathogens grouped according to whether they are Category 1, 2, 3 or 4 infectious substances.
- FedEx website with a list of their shipping terms and conditions. Includes section on dangerous goods.
- LPS Industries
- Air Sea Containers
- Manufacturers of Certified Shipping Containers and Shipping Labels