The organizations listed below are currently offering assistance to help purveyors write a consumer confidence report. The Washington State Department of Health Office of Drinking Water has not reviewed any of the assistance materials or computer templates created by these organizations.
We recognize these organizations provide a useful and valuable service to water purveyors in complying with the many drinking water regulations. We encourage you to contact these organizations for assistance with writing your report. As a reminder, it is the responsibility of the water system to meet all of the Consumer Confidence Report requirements.
EPA Example Report
- Sampletown Water Quality Report - 1999 - EPA's 2-page sample report that satisfies the minimum state CCR requirements. This report shows the required format for summarizing your monitoring detections and includes the required educational and mandatory health effects language.
View Other Water Systems' Reports: Water systems across the nation have posted their reports on this EPA website. See what other water systems have created to communicate with their customers. You might consider posting your own report on these websites.
For More Information
If you don't find the information you need about the Consumer Confidence Report regulation on this website or from other resources, call your Drinking Water Regional Office:
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's website
1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.,
Washington, DC 20460
- "Preparing Your Drinking Water Consumer Confidence Report" - A guide for water suppliers that describes the requirements of the CCR federal regulation (which is no different than Washington State's CCR regulation). It provides instructions for writing your report and includes three example reports.
- "CCR Writer" - A free computer template accessible through their website.
- Example reports - View other systems reports online. Post your own report online.
- Public service announcements and informative posters
Evergreen Rural Water of Washington's website
PO Box 2300, Shelton, WA 98584
- A computer template available on diskette ($20 for members, $30 for non-members).
- Technical assistance and training.
Rural Community Assistance Corporation's website
|4305 Lacey Blvd SE,
Lacey WA 98503
|690 Selah Hts. Rd
Selah WA 98942
- Free technical assistance on utility financing, management and operational issues.