To apply for a Commercial Shellfish Harvester license, complete the electronic forms listed below, print, then sign and date where indicated. Make a copy of all documents for your records and mail the originals, with the appropriate License and Biotoxin Fee (PDF), to:
Department of Health, Accounts Receivable, PO Box 1099, Olympia, WA 98504-1099
We cannot process unsigned or incomplete applications. All Shucker-Packer licenses expire June 30 of each year. Licenses must be renewed by July 1 to remain active.
Complete and send us the following forms:
Complete the Harvest Site Application that applies to you.
- Not a member of a Washington Treaty Tribe: Harvest Site Application (Word)
- Member of a Washington Treaty Tribe: Tribal Harvest Site Application (Word)
Keep and review. Do not send us the following documents:
- Commercial Shellfish Harvesting and Cultivating on Private Land (PDF) - Summary of state regulatory requirements and Indian treaty harvest rights.
- General Requirements for Shucker-Packers (PDF)
- Harvest, Purchase, and Sales Record (Word)
- Recall Notification Log (Word)
- Recall Procedures (Word) - Complete and have available for your inspector to review.
- Shellstock Labeling Requirements (PDF)
- Shellstock Tag Examples (PDF)
- Shellfish Operation Licensing and Biotoxin Fees (PDF)
- Shipping Documentation Guidance (PDF)
- Well Water Test Record (Word)