The Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR) is working on an air sampling program (also known as an environmental exposure investigation or EI) at Valley School District in Valley, Stevens County, Washington. They collected air samples at the school and a few nearby locations to learn if silica dust from Lane Mountain Company could impact the health of students and staff at Valley School District.
For more information about the air sampling investigation at Valley School, contact Debra Gable, ATSDR Region 10.
- Valley School Silica Exposure Status Update, July 2016 (PDF)
- Valley School Silica Exposure, Environmental Exposure Investigation Request, January 2016 (PDF)
- Valley School Site Factsheet (PDF)
- Facts about Exposure Investigations (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions about Air Sampling (PDF)