For home care agency licensing, submit the following:
- Copy of the In-Home Services Orientation Class “certificate of completion.” Applications will not be processed unless a certificate of completion has been submitted.
- Submit an in-home services application (PDF), along with the initial licensing fee.
- Proof of current commercial general liability insurance according to WAC 246-335-320(2)(b).
- Disclosure statements for the on-site administrator and supervisor of direct care services according to WAC 246-335-320(2)(d) dated within three months of the application date.
- Criminal history background checks processed through the Washington State Patrol for the on-site administrator and supervisor of direct care services according to WAC 246-335-320(2)(d) dated within three months of the application date.
- Copy of any and all current government issued business licenses for each office location; that may include state, county, or city licenses.
- Completed full-time equivalent worksheet.
- A description of the agency's organizational structure listing, for example, the names of the officers, administrator, direct care supervisor, and other key positions.
- A description of how the agency will provide management and supervision of home care services throughout all requested service areas.
- A description of the services the agency will offer directly and those offered under contract.
Submit all of the above to the address shown in the application packet above.
After review and acceptance of the application materials, the department's Office of Investigation and Inspection will contact the applicant and schedule an initial. Applicants must pass the survey process in order for their license to be issued.
Important notice: According to WAC 246-335-320(4), the department may close out an application, with no refund of licensing fees being issued, if an applicant has not completed all steps required for licensure within nine months.