For kidney centers interested in Medicare certification, complete the following steps:
- Review the Medicare regulations for end-stage renal disease:
- Contact the Department of Health'sCertificate of Need program at 360-236-2955 before applying forMedicare certification.
- Contact the department's Construction Review Services at 360-236-2944 prior to the start of construction for review and approval of construction documents.
- Once Certificate of Need and Construction Review Services approval is granted, submit the Medicare application (form 855A) to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Fiscal Intermediary (FI) (PDF).
- The FI will review form 855A and, if approved, will send a copy of the approval to the Medicare Program in the Office of Investigation and Inspection.
- The Medicare Program employee in the Office of Investigation and Inspection will contact the applicant and request specific Medicare-related forms to be completed.
- Submit the completed forms to the Medicare Program in the Office of Investigation and Inspection.
- After review and acceptance of the application materials, the department's Office of Investigation and Inspection survey team conducts an on-site survey before recommending the end-stage renal disease for Medicare certification.