People interested in the application process for federal Medicare certification of these centers, need to complete the following steps:
- Review the Medicare regulations for rehabilitation agencies and comprehensive outpatient rehabilitation facilities (CORFs):
Federal Medicare Regulations: Rehabilitation Agencies Regulations:
Regulation: 42 CFR 485.701 Part H
Federal Medicare Regulations: CORFs
Regulation: 42 CFR 410 Part D
Regulation: 42 CFR 485 Part B
Regulation: SOM 2360-2366
- Contact the department's Certificate of Need program at 360-236-2955 before applying for Medicare certification.
- Contact the department's Construction Review Services at 360-236-2944 prior to the start of construction for review and approval of construction documents.
- Once Certificate of Need and Construction Review Services approval is granted, submit the Medicare application (form 855A) to the CMS Fiscal Intermediary (FI).
- The FI will review form 855A and, if approved, will send a copy of the approval to the Medicare Program in the Office of Health Systems Oversight.
- The Medicare Program in the Office of Health Systems Oversight will contact the applicant and request specific Medicare related forms to be completed.
- Submit the completed forms to the Medicare Program in the Office of Health Systems Oversight.
- After review and acceptance of the application materials, the department's Office of Health Systems Oversight survey team conducts an on-site survey before recommending the rehabilitation agency or CORF for Medicare certification.