Fee Change Information Archives
- 2012 Fees Adopted for Four New Health Credentials
The department has adopted fees for four new health credentials:
- Dental anesthesia assistant-certified
- Medical assistant (which will replace the health care assistant-certified credentials)
- Nursing assistant-certified medication assistant endorsement
The new fees will take effect on July 1, 2013. Final rules were filed with the Office of the Code Reviser on November 27, 2012.
Rules setting the minimum education, training and other requirements for the four new credentials will be proposed in 2013.
- 2012 HEAL-WA Fees Reduced November 1, 2012
The department has adopted final rules reducing the annual surcharge to $16 for specific professions to access the Health Evidence Resource for Washington (HEAL—WA) online Web portal through the University of Washington. The reduced fee is effective November 1, 2012.
- 2011 Adopted Fee Increase - Multiple Professions
In 2011 the legislature authorized the department to increase fees for the following professions. The new fees were adopted on October 4, 2011, and took effect December 1, 2011.
- Chiropractic X-ray technician
- Dietitian and nutritionist
- Health care assistant
- Hearing instrument fitter/dispenser
- Humane society/animal control agency (entity)
- Nursing home administrator
- Occupational therapist
- Occupational therapy assistant
- Orthotic and prosthetic
- Pharmacy intern
- Pharmacy technician
- Speech language pathologist
- Surgical technologist
- Veterinary medical clerk
- Veterinary technician
- 2011 Adopted Fees — HEAL-WA
In 2011 the legislature passed Senate Substitute Bill 5071 requiring the department to add a fee for the midwifery, and marriage and family therapist professions. These two professions must pay an annual fee to access the HEAL-WA online Web portal through the University of Washington. The new fee was adopted on September 20, 2011, and will be effective January 1, 2012.
- 2010 Adopted Fee Increases
In 2010 the legislature authorized fee increases for the health professions listed below. These fee increases took effect October 15, 2010.
- Acupuncturist (East Asian medicine practitioner)
- Dental assistant
- Mental health counselor
- Social worker
- Registered nurse
- Licensed practical nurse
- Advanced registered nurse practitioner
- Nursing technician
- Nursing assistant
- Radiologic technologist (all categories)
- Recreational therapist
- Respiratory care practitioner
- X-Ray technician
The renewal notice you receive indicates the total amount due for your profession. The department sends renewal notice about 45-60 days before the license expiration date.
The renewal notice is a courtesy and is not required to renew a credential. If you have a renewal notice, please use it. This is the most efficient and accurate way to renew. To renew without a notice, send the renewal payment to us with your name, credential number, current mailing address and documentation of any other renewal requirements.
For more information, see the frequently asked questions or contact the Office of Customer Service at 360-236-4700.
To get regular information on a specific profession including rule-making activities, select the green “Subscribe” button at the bottom of the page.