- Committee Information
Composition of the Dispensing Optician Examining Committee
The committee consists of three individuals who are currently licensed and are primarily engaged in the business of dispensing opticians.
Duties of the Dispensing Optician Examining Committee include:
- Providing recommendations on the apprenticeship program.
- Participating in policy development.
- Providing recommendations on continuing education or continuing competency requirements.
- Providing recommendations on standards of professional conduct or practice.
Committee participation expectation guidelines
These guidelines are a reference for current members and prospective appointees:
- All new members must attend a three-hour virtual orientation.
- Attend regular committee meetings, scheduled quarterly, on Wednesdays during business hours. The committee sets its meeting schedule each fall for the following calendar year. All meetings during the COVID-19 emergency have been held by Webinar.
- Prepare for regular meetings by reading materials sent one to two weeks in advance of the scheduled meeting date. The packets take an average of two to four hours to read.
- Attend the one-day Department of Health Board, Commission, Committee conference for chairs and vice-chairs.
- Mentor newly appointed committee members as necessary.
Total annual time commitment
- Meetings: Two days per year. Two to four hours of preparation and follow-up per meeting.
- Conferences: One day per year for chairs and vice-chairs
- Members of the advisory committee shall be reimbursed for travel expenses as authorized in RCW 43.03.050 and 43.03.060.
- Members of the committee shall be compensated in accordance with RCW 43.03.240.
- Committee Members
Name and term expiration date of members
Member Term Term expires Sally Arias, LDO, chair 2 January 26, 2023 Kathy Kristjanson, LDO, vice-chair 1 January 14, 2024 Terry Harris, LDO 2 January 26, 2023
- Committee Meetings
(subject to change)
Date Activity Documents December 14, 2022 at 9 a.m.
In person at
The Olympia Center (Room 100)
222 Columbia St. N.W.
Olympia, WA 98501
Business meeting March 15, 2023
Business meeting September 25, 2023
- Committee Meeting Minutes