Safe Medication Return is funded by manufacturers of covered drugs and implemented by program operators according to plans approved by the Department of Health.
- Program Operators
- place and maintain medication collection kiosks.
- provide free, prepaid, preaddressed medication collection mailers.
- organize, manage, and fund medication take-back events.
- package, transport, and dispose of collected medication.
- make sure the public, pharmacists, and other health care professionals understand why and how to safely dispose of household over-the-counter and prescription and medications (including medications for pets).
- provide reports to the department.
- coordinate to provide a website and toll-free number where people can locate all kiosks and mailer distributors, order free mailers, ask questions, and find information about disposing of medication appropriately.
844-482-5322 (844-4TAKEBACK) TTY 711
- Approved Program Plans
- Proposed Program Plans
Beginning July 1, 2024, the department will also review updated plans from current approved program operators.
- Program Operator Reports
MED-Project 2019 Annual Report (PDF) Does not include operational information since plan was approved May 2020.
- Inmar Annual Report (PDF)
- Inmar Collection Report (PDF)
- MED-Project Annual Report (PDF)
- MED-Project Collection Report (PDF)
Note: Collection Reports only report weight of drugs collected at drop-off kiosks. Annual Reports include weights collected through all methods: kiosks, mailers, and take-back events.
- Evaluation Reports
- Reports to the Legislature