Please use this page to find Washington State specific laws and rules on child care and immunization. Main sections relating to the RCW and WAC are listed by bullet point. Click on the specific code to read the full description of the law or rule on the Washington State Legislature website.
- 28A.210 RCW - Health — Screening and Requirements
- 28A.210.010 - Contagious diseases, limiting contact — Rules and regulations.
- 28A.210.060 - Immunization program — Purpose.
- 28A.210.070 - Immunization program — Definitions.
- 28A.210.080 - Immunization program — Attendance of child conditioned upon presentation of alternative proofs — Information regarding meningococcal disease —Information regarding human papillomavirus disease.
- 28A.210.090 - Immunization program — Exemptions.
- 28A.210.100 - Immunization program — Source of immunizations — Written records.
- 28A.210.110 - Immunization program — Administrator's duties upon receipt of proof of immunization or certificate of exemption.
- 28A.210.120 - Immunization program — Prohibiting child's presence, Notice to parent, guardian, or adult in loco parentis.
- 28A.210.140 - Immunization program — State board of health rules, contents.
- 28A.210.170 - Immunization program — Department of social and health services' rules, contents.
- 43.216 RCW – Department of Children, Youth, and Families
- 43.216.690 - Child day care centers and outdoor nature-based child care providers—Immunization.
For Child Care, Preschool, and K-12 School (State Board of Health)
- 246-105 WAC - Immunization of Child Care and School Children Against Certain Vaccine-Preventable Diseases
- 246-105-010 - Purpose.
- 246-105-020 - Definitions.
- 246-105-030 - Vaccine-preventable diseases children must be protected against for full immunization.
- 246-105-040 - Requirements based on national immunization guidelines.
- 246-105-050 - Required documentation of immunization status.
- 246-105-060 - Duties of schools and child care centers.
- 246-105-070 - Duties of health care providers.
- 246-105-080 - Criteria for excluding children from schools or child care centers.
- 246-105-090 - Implementation.
- 246-101 WAC - Notifiable Conditions
- 246-110 WAC - Contagious Disease — School Districts and Day Care Centers
For Child Care and Preschool (Department of Children, Youth and Families)
- 170-300 WAC - Foundational Quality Standards For Early Learning Programs
- 110-305 WAC - Licensed School Age Child Care Standards