Developing a School-based Dental Sealant Program in Washington State
- Washington State School-based Sealant and Fluoride Varnish Guidelines 3rd Ed (PDF) (2012) Guidelines to plan, implement and evaluate school sealant and fluoride varnish programs.
- List of Washington Schools classified by reduced/free lunch (FRL) status (eligible schools are those with FRL greater than 50%)
- Dental Hygiene Sealant/Fluoride Varnish Endorsement Packet (PDF)
Use this form to apply for a Dental Hygienist Sealant/Fluoride Varnish Endorsement
- Preventing dental caries through school based sealant programs: updated recommendations and reviews of evidence. (PDF) (November 2009)
- Evidence-based clinical recommendations for the use of pit-and-fissure sealants (PDF): A report of the American Dental Association Council on Scientific Affairs. (March 2008)
- 2009 Legislation on Dental Hygiene Services in Schools (PDF)
For individuals providing dental hygiene services in schools.
- 2005 Substitute Senate Bill 6020 Report to the Legislature (PDF): Access to Preventive Dental Care for Children: School-Based Dental Sealant and Fluoride Varnish Program
- U.S. Task Force on Community Preventive Services - Oral Health
- Seal America: The Prevention Invention, 2nd edition. (DVD and manual)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Sealants
- Siegal MD, Detty AM. Targeting school-based dental sealant programs: who is at "higher risk?"
J Public Health Dent. 2009 Dec 29.
- Association of State and Territorial Dental Directors on Sealants