Licensing information - Apply for a license, fees and licensing requirements | Board information
Veterinary resources | Zoonotic Disease Data and Reports
Other veterinarian professions
Veterinary medication clerk | Veterinary technician | Animal care and control agency and humane society
- The Department of Health, Health Systems Quality Assurance, is accepting applications to fill vacancies on the Veterinary Board of Governors. We have vacancies for one veterinarian and one veterinarian or veterinary technician. At the time of their appointment the licensed members of the board must be actual residents of the state in active practice as licensed practitioners of veterinary medicine, surgery, and dentistry, or employed as a licensed veterinary technician, as applicable. Not more than two licensed veterinary members shall be from the same congressional district. If you are interested in applying for an appointment to the Veterinary Board of Governors, complete the application online.
- COVID-19 Continuing Education Policy (PDF)
- Information for providers whose credentials have been affected by a drug conviction
- COVID-19 Veterinary Client Patient Relationship Policy (PDF)
- The Veterinary Board of Governors is aware that the area of cannabis and its derivative products, in particular the use of cannabidiol (CBD), is rapidly evolving. The board has heard concerns from both veterinary professionals and clients surrounding the use of cannabis.
Due to confusion on federal and state levels, we're unable to give guidance on the legality of providing advice to clients regarding cannabis use. The board intends to explore this issue further as it receives clarification. As a reminder, veterinarians aren't authorized to prescribe Schedule I drugs. As the board receives more information, this statement will be updated.
- Take the Washington Health Workforce Survey.