Some countries require specific travel immunizations such as Yellow Fever for out-of-country visitors. Information regarding this can be found on the CDC Yellow Fever website Yellow Fever Maps. Additionally, travel health notices are posted to the CDC Travelers’ Health website at Travelers' Health | CDC.
The Washington State Department of Health Office of Immunization processes requests for Yellow Fever vaccine certification and stamp approval. Yellow fever vaccine can only be ordered by and administered at approved Yellow Fever vaccination facilities.
Yellow Fever Vaccine Provider Certification and Stamp Approval Process
If you wish to order and administer the Yellow Fever vaccine, follow the process below to become a certified provider.
- Complete the online CDC Webinar “Yellow Fever Vaccine: Information for Health Care Professionals Advising Travelers”. Yellow Fever Vaccine Course | Travelers' Health | CDC
- Complete the Yellow Fever Vaccine Provider Application and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are a licensed pharmacist, please also submit a copy of your facility’s current Collaborative Drug Therapy Agreement (CDTA) that lists out travel vaccines and/or yellow fever specifically. A CDTA is good for 2 years from signing.
- After your request is approved, a Yellow Fever vaccine certificate letter of approval with instructions on how to order the official stamp will be sent to you. The vaccine manufacturer will be copied on the approval email as well, letting them know you are approved and certified to order and administer the Yellow Fever vaccine.
- Finally, your provider and facility information will be added to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Yellow Fever National Registry.
Yellow Fever Stamps need to be renewed every 3 years. To recertify, please complete the certification steps outlined here.
For any change of address, such as moving to a new facility location, please complete a new application. If, after approval, you would like to add additional locations, please complete a new application indicating this.
Please send any questions to: email@example.com