We Work To
- Improve the health of people with, or at risk of, genetic condition.
We Do This By
- Providing up-to-date and accurate information to individuals, families, and healthcare providers.
- Helping families locate the nearest genetic service providers.
- Monitoring the quality of genetic and hearing services in Washington.
- Providing educational opportunities for health care providers.
Find Out More
- Purchasing Genetic Testing - Buyers Beware
- Learn more about genetics
- Find a genetics clinic or genetic counselor in your area
- Genetically Modified Organism FAQ (PDF)
- Learn more about early hearing-loss (EHDDI)
- Find a pediatric audiologist in your area (PDF)
- Local Resources for Families who have a member with Down syndrome (PDF)
- Family Health History fact sheet (PDF)
- Family Health History for Providers fact sheet (PDF)
Make an Informed Decision
The Prenatal Genetic Testing video series provides objective, accurate information about how to decide if prenatal testing is right for you and your family, what the different testing options are, and why they are offered. Check it out!