Northwest Regional Office
PO Box 47800
Olympia WA 98504
Main Phone: 253-395-6750
TDD Relay Service: 1-800-833-6388
Specific Program Email Addresses
- Administrative inbox. email@example.com
- Chlorination and nitrate. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Consumer confidence reports. email@example.com
- Engineering and planning submittals. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ownership/operational changes. email@example.com
- Sanitary surveys. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Surface water treatment reports. email@example.com
- Water quality. firstname.lastname@example.org
Information and Technical Assistance
Our physical office location in Kent is permanently closed. Our NWRO office group remains intact, and we now work remotely. Our files are not available at this time. We are scanning all paper files to create electronic ones. Please note that our response times may be slower than usual. We appreciate your patience.
Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please direct general inquiries to our main line at 253-395-6750. Staff are available to assist with most questions immediately. We will refer other questions as necessary to the appropriate staff member for response.
The Northwest Regional Office regulates and provides technical assistance to over 2156 Group A public water systems serving approximately 4,458,373 people in the following counties: Island, King, Pierce, San Juan, Skagit, Snohomish, Whatcom.
Derek Pell, Regional Manager, 360-789-4251
Supervises the Northwest Regional Office. Supervises the Program Staff.
John Ryding, Assistant Regional Manager, 253-395-6757
Manages planning and engineering staff, Ground Water Under the Influence.
Alexyss Miner, Office Manager, 253-395-6753
Supervises the regional administrative staff. Manages office records and public disclosure.
Regional Engineering staff are responsible for the implementation of the state's drinking water program in assigned counties. They conduct sanitary surveys and special purpose investigations of public water systems and promote needed water facility improvements. They are the lead reviewer of specifications for system improvements and provide technical assistance to purveyors and local health departments upon request.
Laura McLaughlin, P.E., Whatcom County, 564-669-0753
Brietta Carter, P.E., King County, 253-395-6770
Jolyn Leslie, P.E., San Juan County, City of Everett, Specialty: Disinfection—Surface Water Treatment and Disinfection By-Products, 206-945-6927
PJ Wilkerson, Skagit County, excluding City of Everett, Snohomish County, 253-395-6766
Carol Stuckey, P.E., Pierce County, 360-485-7607
Alexis Medina, P.E., Island County, 564-200-2706
Regional Planning staff are responsible for the implementation of the state's drinking water planning program in assigned counties. They are the lead reviewer of Water System Plans, Small Water System Management Program Plans, Water System Consolidations, Water Use Efficiency, Funding, and they provide technical assistance to purveyors and local health departments upon request.
Richard Rodriguez, King, San Juan, Snohomish, and Whatcom Counties, 253-395-6771
Jennifer Kropack, Island, Pierce, and Skagit Counties, 253-395-6769
Provide day-to-day contact for implementation of the state's drinking water program requirements and compliance and provide technical assistance to purveyors and local health departments upon request.
Ingrid Salmon, Coliform Water Quality Monitoring Program, 253-395-6754
- Coliform sampling results, requirements, and compliance
- Coliform and E. coli technical assistance
- Boil water/health advisories
- Revised total Coliform rule
Steve Hulsman, Chemical Water Quality Monitoring Program, 253-395-6777
- Nitrate, arsenic, inorganic chemicals, volatile organic chemicals, synthetic organic chemicals and radionuclides, asbestos, and lead and copper
- Susceptibility assessment, pesticide vulnerability determinations, and waivers for organic and inorganic chemical monitoring
- Water Quality Monitoring Schedules
- Groundwater under the influence
Aniela Sidorska, Compliance Program, 253-395-6751
- Compliance strategies and enforcement
- Operating permits
Brian Boye, Sanitary Survey Program, 253-395-6778
- Well-site inspections
- Technical investigations
- Complaint tracking and follow-up
Krista Chavez, Water Treatment Program, 253-395-6772
- Treatment reports
- Source assessment monitoring
- Small system Cross-Connection Control
Mary Rucksdashel, 253-395-6756
Natalie Rucksdashel, 253-395-6705
Carmen Mena, 253-395-6750
- Customer assistance
- Public disclosure
- Invoices: project review/approval, surveys
- Consumer Confidence Reports
- Publication requests
- Monthly treatment reports