The Radioactive Air Emissions Section issues Radioactive Air Emission Licenses (RAEL) to facilities that are also licensed by other state and local agencies. This is not a standalone license, but is incorporated with other licenses issued by our Radioactive Materials Section, Department of Ecology, and air pollution control authorities. These facilities include U.S. Department of Energy, U.S. Department of Defense, educational, research, medical, nuclear processing, nuclear power, and radioactive waste facilities.

Anyone may request a copy of a current RAEL by contacting us at