- Asthma rates in Washington State are ranked among the highest in the nation.
- On average in Washington, approximately 4,800 people are hospitalized each year (Comprehensive Hospital Abstract Reporting System).
- Some things that may worsen or aggravate asthma are:
- Presence of asthma triggers like carpet, indoor pets, water damage, and mold
- Poor air quality at school
- Air pollution exposure
- Breathing polluted air can increase doctor and emergency visits, or result in hospitalizations.
View the Data
To learn more about asthma and your health, visit our Asthma webpage. For more information about other topics on WTN, see the links in the menu bar on the left.
For information or questions related to the Washington Tracking Network, email DOH.WTN@doh.wa.gov.
Let Us Know How You Used the Data
We love hearing about how our data is being used to make an impact on the health of Washingtonians. It also helps us to know what is meeting our users’ needs and how we can improve the information we provide. If you used our data, please tell us about it by sending an email to DOH.WTN@doh.wa.gov.
Would you like to receive updates?
Receive updates and information about WTN by joining our email newsletter.