Why should I be concerned about asthma?
- Asthma rates in Washington State are ranked among the highest in the nation.
- On average in Washington, approximately 4,800 people are hospitalized each year (Comprehensive Hospital Abstract Reporting System).
- Some things that may worsen or aggravate asthma are:
- Presence of asthma triggers like carpet, indoor pets, water damage, and mold
- Poor air quality at school
- Air pollution exposure
- Breathing polluted air can increase doctor and emergency visits, or result in hospitalizations.
View the Data
To learn more about asthma and your health, visit our Asthma webpage. For more information about other topics on WTN, see the links in the menu bar on the left.
For information or questions related to the Washington Tracking Network, email DOH.WTN@doh.wa.gov.
Would you like to receive updates?
Receive updates and information about WTN by joining our email newsletter.