WIC Formula Recall Information
- What formula was recalled?
Abbott has issued a recall for their Similac Powder baby formulas.
- Similac Powder - Advance, Total Comfort, Sensitive, and Spit Up
- Alimentum Powder
Recalled baby formulas include:
- Lot numbers starting with 22-37; and
- K8, SH, or Z2 (see image); and
- Expiration date April 2022 or later.
Check your formula lot numbers at similacrecall.com.
- If recalled, DO NOT feed your baby the formula.
- Mark all recalled cans as “Do Not Use”. See details on how to exchange or replace baby formula below.
- What kind of formula can I get on WIC now?
WIC Formula Options:
- How can I replace or change my baby’s WIC formula benefits?
- Check to see what WIC baby formula is available at your stores.
- Call your WIC clinic to have them replace your benefits.
- If you can’t get a hold of your clinic, call the state at 1-800-841-1410 Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm.
Go to ParentHelp123 webpage or call 1-800-322-2588 for more information.
- Basic Food program (SNAP)
- Food banks
- Other community resources
- What are doctors saying about feeding my baby during this formula shortage?
Questions and answers for families impacted by the infant formula shortage.
- WIC formula recall information in other languages:
New WIC Approved Infant Formula starting on February 1, 2023
Starting February 1, 2023, the formulas you can get on WIC are changing. See the PDFs below for the new WIC formula options.
New WIC Formula Options
- Women (Fillable PDF) (Updated August 2022)
- Infants (Fillable PDF) (Updated August 2022)
- Children (Fillable PDF) (Updated August 2022)
- Formulas Provided by the Washington State WIC Program (PDF)
Includes images of all formulas approved by Washington WIC
- WIC Approved Formulas (PDF)
Includes list of all formulas currently approved by Washington WIC
- Changing To a New Formula with Your Infant (PDF)
Use this handout to learn how to change your infant to a new formula.
- Mixing Powder Infant Formula (PDF)
Safety instructions on how to prepare powder formula.
- Preparing Liquid Concentrate Infant Formula (PDF)
Safety instructions on how to prepare liquid concentrate formula.
- Preparing Ready-To-Feed Infant Formula (PDF)
Safety instructions on how to prepare ready-to-feed formula.
- Can Sizes, Yields and Maximum Amounts of WIC Approved Formulas Table (PDF)
Find Formulas in Local Stores
- Abbott Products
- Similac Advance
- Similac Alimentum
- Similac NeoSure
- Similac Sensitive
- Similac Soy Isomil
- Similac for Spit-Up
- Similac Total Comfort
- Mead Johnson Products
- Enfamil NeuroPro EnfaCare
- Enfamil Nutramigen w/ Enflora LGG
- Gerber Products
- Extensive HA
Getting Medical Formulas and Foods That WIC Doesn't Provide
If a client is not eligible for the WIC Program or the WIC Program cannot meet the client's formula or enteral nutrition product needs, the client may seek assistance from Medicaid if they are eligible. The following information may help in the search for assistance.
- WIC Clinic Response to Formula Requests (flow chart) (PDF)
- Process to Request Formula from Medicaid (PDF)
- WIC/Medicaid Nutrition Form (PDF)
- Medical Foods and Medical Formulas Form (PDF)
Additional Medicaid Contact Information
- Medicaid Clients and Health Professionals: Call the phone number on the reverse side of the ProviderOne Services Card: 800-562-3022
- Medicaid (Health and Recovery Services Administration) Enteral Nutrition Billing Instructions (PDF)