Here are resources you can use to get ready for any emergency.
- Emergency Supplies Checklist in several languages
- Emergency Fact Sheets covering a full range of public health emergency topics.
- Video: preparing for a flood - Washington State Emergency Management Division
- Weather, traffic, mountain pass conditions and alternate routes - Washington State Dept. of Transportation
- Protect your pets when the weather gets cold - American Red Cross.
Severe weather and natural disasters cause physical damage and often create health risks. Loss of power and water can make it difficult to store food or cook safely, find clean water and safely heat homes. Now is a good time to get ready for whatever might happen.
- Cold weather
- Fires in the home
- Hot weather safety
- Landslides and mudflows
- Power outages
- Sewage Spills
- Turning off the utilities
- Water purification
- Water sources