The Department of Health is available on these social media platforms for you to get public health news how and where you want it.
Subscribe to our free email subscription service and select the topics you want to hear more about.
Follow us on Facebook for stories about public health and tips for getting and staying healthy.
Our Twitter feed will give you the latest DOH news and connect you with important public health topics.
Twitter - Secretary of Health
You can also follow the Secretary of Health, Umair Shah's Twitter account.
DOH gets visual on our Instagram channel. Great pictures and useful tips.
Our YouTube channel offers a vast array of videos on public health topics.
Follow us on LinkedIn for employer-of-choice updates and job announcements.
The Washington State Department of Health welcomes your comments and encourages polite and productive conversation. Your comments are visible to the public and subject to public record disclosure laws.
We do not approve, endorse or verify the scientific accuracy of comments posted by our followers. We do not discriminate against any views, but reserve the right to remove comments, without notification, that:
- Identify personal information including, but not limited to: medical information, email addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers.
- Contain violent or obscene language.
- Contain solicitations or advertisements.
- Promote or oppose any political candidate or ballot initiative.
- Encourage or suggest illegal activity.
- Violate trademarks or copyrights.
- Are repetitive posts that are copied and pasted.
Our Facebook filter is set to ‘strong.' Comments that violate Facebook's Community Standards may be automatically removed or hidden by Facebook.
Comments on social media do not take the place of any official notifications or public comments to Department of Health.
If you have questions or comments about this policy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org