Frequently Asked Questions - Denturist Inactive License

How do I get an inactive denturist license?

You must first have an active denturist license. You must request an inactive license in writing and pay the inactive status renewal fee. Refer to WAC 246-812-161 and WAC 246-12-090

May I practice in Washington with an inactive denturist license?

No. Law indicates you shall not practice denturism in Washington State without first having an active license. Refer to RCW 18.30.140

Is continuing competency required to renew my inactive denturist license?

No. Continuing competency will be required when you choose to return your denturist license to active status.

Is there a time limit to how long my license can be on an inactive status?

Yes. Refer to WAC 246-812-161 Inactive License.

How do I renew my inactive denturist license?

Denturists must renew their inactive license annually on or before their birthday. They are required to submit the required fee. Please keep your address updated to receive courtesy renewal notices.

Your renewal must be postmarked or received by midnight of the expiration date or it is considered late. A late fee will be assessed. You may pay through regular or overnight mail, in person or online. Your inactive license may be renewed up to 90 days before it expires. You should receive a courtesy renewal reminder six to eight weeks before the license expires. If you don't receive the notice within four weeks of your expiration date, please call 360-236-4700 or email us for help.

We can't accept credit or debit cards over the phone. We do accept MasterCard or Visa credit or debit cards at the front counter or online.

Checks or money orders are payable to:

Washington State Department of Health
P.O. Box 1099
Olympia, WA 98507-1099

How do I return to an active denturist license?

Refer to WAC 246-812-161.