Denturist General Frequently Asked Questions

Chapter 18.30 and RCW and Chapter 246-812 WAC: What are the major changes?

SHB 1270 amended chapter 18.30 RCW making the Board of Denturists the disciplining authority for licensed denturists. Rules are aligned with the bill by amending the continuing competency requirements; clarifying the inactive status license requirements; adopting sexual misconduct rules; changing the board's title to Board of Denturists; adding a retired active status; and repealing obsolete reporting rules.

Who do I contact if I need additional information?

You may contact the Customer Service Office by phone at 360-236-4700 or by email.

If my license expired, how do I get it reinstated?

Refer to WAC 246-12-040 How to return to active status when a credential has expired.

I'm licensed in another state. Is there reciprocity?

We don't have reciprocity with any other state. There is licensure by endorsement. Refer to RCW 18.30.090 and WAC 246-812-125.

Do I have to post my license?

Yes. The rules require all people who engages in the practice of denturism in this state to display their licenses in a place plainly visible to people receiving services on the premises. WAC 246-812-350

Can I have a post office box listed on my license?

No. The license must list the physical business address or addresses where you engage in the practice of denturism.

If I have a concern about a dentist or other licensed person's conduct or quality of work, is there a certain protocol to address the issue?

Refer to Health Professions Complaint Process and frequently asked questions.