PREP grants are part of the 2010 Affordable Care Act. PREP is managed by the State Department of Health and is called Washington PREP for Healthy Youth.
The program works to lower teen pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections among 10-21 year olds and prepare youth for adulthood using evidence-based curricula.
- Community-based organizations
- Juvenile justice and detention facilities
- Local health jurisdictions
The program focuses on youth or young adults that are homeless; in foster care; live in rural areas; live in areas that have high teen birth rates; pregnant and parenting youth; and minority youth (including sexual minorities).
All PREP curricula provide medically accurate and complete information. Washington PREP for Healthy Youth uses the following:
- Reducing the Risk
- Be Proud! Be Responsible!
- Making Proud Choices
- Sexual Health and Adolescent Risk Prevention (SHARP)
- Sistas Informing, Healing, Living, and Empowering (SiHLE)
- Draw the Line, Respect the Line
For more information, visit www.waprepforhealthyyouth.org.