Eastern Drinking Water Operations
River View Corporate Center, 16201 East Indiana Avenue, Suite 1500
Spokane Valley, WA 99216
Main Phone: 509-329-2100
TTY Relay Service: 1-800-833-6388
Specific Program Email Addresses
- Administrative inbox: email@example.com
- Chlorination and nitrate: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Consumer confidence reports: email@example.com
- Engineering and planning submittals: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ownership/operational changes: email@example.com
- Sanitary surveys: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Surface water treatment reports: email@example.com
- Water quality: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information and Technical Assistance
Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please direct all general inquiries to our main line at 509-329-2100. Staff are available to assist with most questions immediately. As necessary, other questions will be referred to the appropriate staff for response.
The Eastern Regional Office regulates and provides technical assistance to over 2115 Group A public water systems serving approximately 1,523,468 people in the following counties: Adams, Asotin, Benton, Chelan, Columbia, Douglas, Franklin, Ferry, Garfield, Grant, Kittitas, Klickitat, Lincoln, Okanogan, Pend Oreille, Spokane, Stevens, Walla Walla, Whitman, Yakima.
Dorothy Tibbetts, MS, MPH, Regional Manager, 509-329-2105
Manages the Eastern Regional Office. Supervises program staff.
Scott Mallery, P.E., Assistant Regional Manager, 509-329-2131
Supervises the Regional Engineers and Planners. Manages Planning and Engineering staff.
Bobbi Trusty, Office Manager, 509-329-2107
Supervises the Regional Administrative Staff. Manages office records and public disclosure.
Regional Engineering staff are responsible for the implementation of the state's drinking water program in assigned counties. They conduct sanitary surveys and special purpose investigations of public water systems and promote needed water facility improvements. They are the lead reviewer of specifications for system improvements and provide technical assistance to purveyors and local health departments upon request.
Andy Cervantes, P.E., 509-329-2120
Adams, Asotin, Klickitat, Whitman, and Yakima counties
Specialty: Groundwater Under the Influence (GWI).
Sheri Miller, P.E., 509-329-2123
Chelan, Douglas, and Okanogan counties
Specialty: Lead and copper.
Russell Mau, PhD, P.E., 509-329-2116
Grant, Kittitas, and Lincoln counties, Hanford Area systems
Specialty: Surface Water and Treatment Ratings.
Nathan Ikehara, P.E., 509-329-2124
Benton, Franklin, Ferry, Pend Oreille, Stevens counties
Specialty: Cross Connection and SRF.
Regional Planning staff are responsible for the implementation of the state's drinking water planning program in assigned counties. They are the lead reviewer of Water System Plans, Small Water System Management Program Plans, Water System Consolidations, Water Use Efficiency, Funding, and they provide technical assistance to purveyors and local health departments upon request.
Jamie Clark, 509-329-2137
Adams, Asotin, Benton, Columbia, Franklin, Garfield, Grant, Klickitat, Walla Walla, Whitman, and Yakima counties
Brenda Smits, 509-329-2122
Chelan, Douglas, Ferry, Kittitas, Lincoln, Okanogan, Pend Oreille, Spokane, and Stevens counties
Provide the day-to-day contact for state requirements and compliance and provide technical assistance to purveyors and local health departments upon request.
Coliform Water Quality Monitoring Program
Joseph Perkins, 509-329-2134
- Coliform sampling results, requirements, and compliance
- Coliform and E.coli technical assistance
- Boil water/health advisories
- Total coliform rule
- Groundwater disinfection
Chemical Water Quality Monitoring Program
Stan Hoffman, 509-329-2132
Specialty: Disinfection By-products
- Arsenic, inorganic chemicals, volatile organic chemicals, synthetic organic chemicals and radionuclides, and asbestos
- Susceptibility assessment, pesticide vulnerability determinations, and waivers for organic and inorganic chemical monitoring
- Water Quality Monitoring Schedules
- Consumer Confidence Reports
- Groundwater under the influence
Ashly Beebe, 509-329-2135
- Nitrate sampling, requirements, and compliance
- Health advisories
- Lead and Copper Monitoring
Katrina McLaughlin, 509-329-2128
- Compliance strategies and enforcement
- Operating permits
Sanitary Survey Program
Mark Steward, 509-329-2136
- Well-site inspections
- Technical investigations
- Sanitary surveys
Water Facilities Inventory Program
Arnica Briody, 509-329-2166
- Water system updates
- Transfer of ownership
- Water system classifications (Group and Type)
LeAnn Cunningham, 509-329-2108
Kristyn Alm, 509-329-2143
Esther McCord, 509-329-2106
- Customer assistance
- Public disclosure
- Invoices: project review/approval, surveys
- Consumer Confidence Report
- Publication requests
- Monthly treatment reports