The Sexual and Reproductive Health Program contracts with local non-profit organizations and local county health departments to provide sexual and reproductive health care services for people throughout Washington state.
The program monitors compliance with state and federal regulations, works with related programs, and acts as a clearinghouse for sexual and reproductive health information, training, consultation, and technical assistance.
The 87 clinics in our Network provide high-quality comprehensive sexual and reproductive health services.
Each clinic provides these services at a sliding fee:
- Most FDA-approved birth control methods, including long-acting reversible contraceptives
- Emergency contraception
- Birth control education and counseling
- Pregnancy testing and comprehensive options counseling and referral
- Preconception health counseling
- Infertility counseling, education, and referral
- Physical examinations for reproductive health
- Breast and cervical cancer screening
- Testing and treatment for STI and vaginal infections
- HIV testing and counseling
- Health promotion and disease prevention information
Additional services may also be offered at a sliding fee, depending on the clinic.
Some clinics provide other services, including abortion, that might not be available at a sliding fee.
If you have Providence Health Plan insurance and need an abortion, the Department of Health may be able to provide coverage at no cost to you.
Department of Health links
Free or Low-cost Health Care Plans (Medicaid and other coverage)
Reproductive and Sexual Health Information from Bedsider.org
Sexual and Reproductive Health Program