World Diabetes Day Washington - November 14, 2017
World Diabetes Day Washington is promoted by diabetes partners across Washington State. Our efforts support the worldwide campaign focused on raising awareness for diabetes screening and management alongside celebrating those working to maintain a full and healthy lifestyle while living with diabetes.
Washington State Diabetes Network
Network members are people working in public, private, tribal, community, academic, and training sectors who work to prevent and control diabetes. Membership is open to anyone who works in diabetes prevention and control.
As a member, you can:
- Learn about what people and organizations are doing to control diabetes in Washington.
- Find out about community events and resources.
- Access state and national data.
- Learn about evidence-based practices.
- Share information.
- Access networking and partnership opportunities.
Diabetes Network Leadership Team
There are 30 voting members on the leadership team, which is the network's governing body. The team meets quarterly to set state priorities and develop strategies.
The Washington State Diabetes Connection is the web portal for the Washington State Diabetes Network. The purpose is to provide:
- Useful and credible information to people and organizations who work to prevent, manage, and control diabetes in Washington State.
- A place for members to share activities, ideas, best practices, and resources relating to the prevention, management, and control of diabetes in Washington State.
- Opportunities to collaborate and communicate within the network.
Regional Diabetes Coalitions
The Heart Disease, Stroke, and Diabetes Prevention Unit partners with regional coalitions to help reach our mutual goals. There are two regional diabetes coalitions, with members from public, private, tribal, community, academic, and training sectors. Each coalition addresses the needs of their own communities.
To learn more about Washington State Diabetes partnerships or to join the Washington State Diabetes Network or Leadership Team, email email@example.com or call 360-236-3677.