Fall Prevention Advocates
The role of the DOH Older Adult Falls Prevention Program is to:
- Implement Finding Our Balance: Washington State Action Plan for Older Adult Falls Prevention
- Increase public awareness and educate older adults, caregivers and healthcare providers about risk factors and how to prevent falls.
- Partner with health organizations and providers to improve patient safety and decrease the burden of falls on our healthcare system.
- Transform messaging around falls to emphasize independence and empowerment.
- Support, identify and disseminate evidence-based fall prevention programs and strategies
- Promote program fidelity for evidence-based programs through continuing education.
- Engage regional fall prevention coalition members to develop strategies to reduce falls.
- Collect, analyze and distribute fall data.
- Partner with the National Council on Aging to coordinate the Washington State Falls Prevention Coalition, an official member coalition of the NCOA Falls Free Initiative.
Washington State's Community Living Connections (CLC)
The Washington Living Connections is here to help you navigate long-term services and supports for you or a loved one. The CLC is a network of organizations working with you to learn about options and assist you in connecting to services that meet your particular preferences, needs, and circumstances. Use the HIPAA compliant patient referral form to connect them with appropriate community resources. CLC referral form.