Tools to help you talk to your patients about reproductive and developmental impacts from lead.
Patient Handouts and Education
- Lead Can Poison Your Child (PDF)
handout available in various languages
- Preventing Lead Poisoning, DOH
- Blood Screening Guidelines for Pregnant and Breastfeeding Women in Minnesota (PDF), Minnesota Department of Health, 2015
- Guidelines for the Identification and Management of Lead Exposure in Pregnant and Lactating Women (PDF), CDC, 2010
- Recommendations on Medical Management of Childhood Lead Exposure and Poisoning (PDF), PEHSU, 2013
Reprinted from the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Vol 207 (6), Sheela Sathyanarayana, MD MPH et al., Environmental exposures: how to counsel preconception and prenatal patients in the clinical setting, pages: 463-470, 2012 with permission from Elsevier.