Rules in Progress
The rules writing process is open to the public. The public is welcome to take part in helping us write rules. Rules are also known as regulations, Washington Administrative Code, or WAC. The rule-making process includes public notices and workshops, and usually a public hearing before a rule becomes final.
To get updates about rule making and other topics related to sex offender treatment providers, subscribe for updates at the bottom of the page.
Current rules in progress
The Department of Health has filed notice that the department will update sex offender treatment providers (SOTP) rules to implement Engrossed Substitute Senate Bill (ESSB) 6641 (PDF).
Some changes made by ESSB 6641 are as follows (PDF):
- Instead of allowing any licensed, certified or registered health professional credential to be used as the underlying credential, specifies which professional credential can be used for this purpose.
- Adopts a clause to allow those who hold a credential no longer allowed as the underlying credential and who already hold an SOTP credential to keep practicing.
- Broadens the qualifications for the supervisor of an affiliate provider.
- Allows applicants to use certain experience to qualify for the SOTP credential.
- Creates a new process for out-of-state applications.
Creates the sex offender treatment provider advisory committee.
The Department of Health invites you to participate in a rules workshop to revise rules related to sex offender treatment provider certification rules (Chapter 246-930 WAC). Rule workshops will be held on the following dates and times:
- September 30, 2020, at 1 p.m.
- October 5, 2020, at 9 a.m.
You may join the meeting on Microsoft Teams via the following information:
Join Microsoft Teams Meeting
+1 253-372-2181 United States, Tacoma (Toll)
Conference ID: 164 988 743#"